September 2 - Art of Breastfeeding and Avoiding Difficulties
October 7 - Nutrition and Weaning
Noveber 4 - Advantages of Breastfeeding
December 2 - The Baby Arrives: The Family and The Breastfed Baby
The following statements summarize La Leche League's philosophy:
- Mothering through breastfeeding is the most natural and effective way of understanding and satisfying the needs of the baby.
- Mother and baby need to be together early and often to establish a satisfying relationship and an adequate milk supply.
- In the early years the baby has an intense need to be with his mother which is as basic as his need for food.
- Breast milk is the superior infant food.
- For the healthy, full-term baby breast milk is the only food necessary until baby shows signs of needing solids, about the middle of the first year after birth.
- Ideally the breastfeeding relationship will continue until the baby outgrows the need.
- Alert and active participation by the mother in childbirth is a help in getting breastfeeding off to a good start.
- Breastfeeding is enhanced and the nursing couple sustained by the loving support, help, and companionship of the baby's father. A father's unique relationship with his baby is an important element in the child's development from early infancy.
- Good nutrition means eating a well-balanced and varied diet of foods in as close to their natural state as possible.
- From infancy on, children need loving guidance which reflects acceptance of their capabilities and sensitivity to their feelings.
PLEASE ARRIVE BEFORE 7PM to give yourself a chance to say hello to everyone and to settle in your seat, so that we will be able to start the meeting ON TIME!
Although the Leader represents La Leche League and guides the discussion, all mothers are free to share information, experience, and knowledge. A common theme repeated by Leaders at a La Leche League meeting is "take what you need and leave the rest", acknowledging that every mother-baby dyad is unique and each mother knows her own baby best.
We will have a Mothers' Sale Table where you can put your sale items and product flyers. If you wish to put your mothering-related product or business cards/flyers on this table, please run it by the Leader first, BEFORE the meeting begins. The focus of the meeting time between 7 and 8:30 is based on LLL Philosophy and the discussion topic so that mothers' questions may be answered thoroughly, and so that we do not mix causes outside of the sole purpose of LLL and breastfeeding support. Thanks again!!
View Larger Map